Monday, January 5, 2009

HASAY... Something New...

1. What motivates you and why do you want to do this challenge? It may be that you’re training to run a 10K or merely just to be able to walk to the mailbox and not break a sweat (don’t worry, I fall on this end of the spectrum).
I am tired of feeling like crap ALL the time. I started going to Weight Watchers (a.k.a. "Hate" Watchers) almost a year a go and just gained back the six pounds I lost. I know. I wasn't very serious about it. My sister called this weekend and said, "We gotta do something. I have my 20 year class reunion this year and you're turning 40." Thank you very much. Do I need any more incentive???

2. What is your long term goal? Do you want to lose weight or just tone your body. Are you trying to fit into your old prom dress for your upcoming reunion? Do you want to want to “pump yourself up” like Hans and Frans? Spill it.
I want to lose weight. I need to lose about 90 pounds. And there's that "40 thing" coming up in eight months...

3. What is your long term weight loss goal? You don’t need to tell us your current weight, just how much you’d like to eventually lose. This can be in weight or inches. Jamie and I have a sewing tape measure that we use for our weekly measurements. We got ours in the sewing section at Wal-Mart, if you look at Target, you won’t find it.
See above...

4. What tools are available to you? Treadmill, elliptical, jogging stroller, ThighMaster, Trampoline. Maybe a rabid dog to chase the weight off?
I belong to our local gym... There are cycling classes, yoga, boot camp, "innergystics" and on and on... plus all of the various gym equipment that you always find in a gym...

5. How often can you exercise? Be realistic here but try to make as much time as possible. This might include stepping AWAY from the blog for a couple of nights a week. I know, *gasp*. I’m crying on the inside too but it needs to be done. Fatty. Ok, that was mean and it won’t happen again. I promise.
The goal is to go five nights a week... After school. NOT in the morning at 4:30.

6. What do you plan on doing? Beer curls, switch the remote to the other hand for a few days, start smoking more. Maybe you want to actually exercise and start eating better? I hear that never works but go ahead and try if you want.
Treadmill for 30 minutes and then weights for another 30...

7. What has worked for you in the past? Let us in on your secrets, what has worked for you before and how you went about it. We won’t tell.
For me it's a mixture of both cardio and weights PLUS the fact that I can't eat crappe every day. Weight Watchers is going to keep me on track with the food stuff and the gym will keep me on track with the exercise stuff. Plus being accountable to you all AND my sister. (who so lovingly reminded me of my impending age...)

So, there it is. I'm committed now!!!

5 comments:

Casey said...

Welcome to the club! That's so nice of your sister to remind you of your age. Ha! It sounds like you have a great plan with the gym AND Weight Watchers. I hate dieting too so I'm not sure I'd last at WW.
Good luck this week! I linked you up over at my place and added you to the HASAY mailing list. There's a link to all HASAY peeps at the top of my site if you want to stop by and encourage/heckle other members!

jen said...

welcome!
best of luck to you on this adventure!
i think you are on the right road ... with weight watchers and the gym. now you just have to hold yourself accountable!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!! We are in it together sister!

beth said...

So WW's won't be using you for their commercials this year, big deal. You'll get there. Weird things like reunions can really get you moving. Good luck and welcome to the Club.

Laufa said...

Welcome to HASAY and good luck!