Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ANOTHER MEME!!!!

Tina is SO totally in trouble. Because she tagged me for this Meme and I cannot resist the Borg. Here are the rules as posted on her site...

1. Go to your documents
2. Go to your 6th file
3. Go to your 6th picture
4. Blog about it
5. Tag 6 friends to do the same

Here's my picture...





This picture was taken three years ago when my husband surprised me with this motorcycle. I had taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation new Rider's course and gotten my endorsement two years before. I was riding our 1989 Honda CBR 600 because Ed said it was a good solid bike to learn on. Here's a pic...





I know. Kinda like Captain America, all red, white, and blue...


It was a GREAT bike and I loved it! We were on one of our motorcycle date nights (lovingly called two-wheel Tuesday) when on the way home, I asked to ride his bike, a Suzuki GSXR 1000.

WAY bigger and faster than my little 600.




(This is Ed at Spokane Raceway doing 170 mph at a track day.)

After that, I was hooked. I said that I needed more power. I couldn't believe that I could go that fast on a bike! And, not even feel like I was going that fast. YIKES!

So, he started looking on Craig's List. He'd always wanted the bike he ultimately purchased for me. It's a Suzuki TL 1000R. Blue and white. Twins. Well, not really. My bike is a V-Twin so it rumbles like a Harley might, but, it has the power and the lines of a sport bike. His bike is not! His bike goes WAY faster than mine, but, mine has initial power that puts you back in your seat.

It's great fun to ride. We did a 1200 mile ride into Canada two summers ago, where I got my first speeding ticket. (Not so fun, and I wouldn't recommend it. Trying to find an international money order to pay the ticket was a pain in the ass.)

So, there's my meme. I'm not going to tag anyone because Tina already tagged everyone I'd tag. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of you.

Remember the stupid picture of you and I on your bike? I think I have it on my phone still. HAHAHA