Sunday, June 15, 2008

Two Boys, a Convertible and Bon Jovi

Ed and I went to my parent's house this afternoon to celebrate father's day with the family. Everyone was present: my brother, his wife and two sons; my sister, her husband and three kids; my grandparents (Mom's mom and dad); my mom's sister, her husband, one of her sons and his wife. (Whew! that's a long dang list!) Mom wanted to BBQ so we, the kids, were to bring the "other stuff". I made my nummy homemade potato salad and brought two bags of my favorite green salad called "Pacifica".

We were sitting out on my parent's deck visiting and eating when this little, tiny, red, Datsun-looking truck drove by. Now, normally, I wouldn't think twice if a Datsun-looking truck drove by. However, this truck was a convertible, fire engine red, Datsun-looking truck carrying two young men. Again, if this truck had driven by any other day, I wouldn't have looked twice at it, except the two young men in this convertible truck were BLASTING Bon Jovi.

BON JOVI! Honestly, I can say that I loved Bon Jovi when I was in high school. In 1987. Did I mention I was in high school? IN 1987????? Did I also happen to mention that I am a GIRL?????

Of all the non-manly groups to choose to blast in an already weird situation! I mean, if they were looking to blast, why not Metallica? Or, Linkin Park? Or even Ozzy Osbourne??? But, BON JOVI????

I guess nothing says," Look at me!" like blasting Bon Jovi from a fire engine red, little, tiny, convertible, Datsun-looking truck. With your best guy friend. When you are a guy.

And better yet? The song was "You Give Love a Bad Name".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY cracks me up.

Or makes me want to go to a Bon Jovi concert.