Thursday, June 5, 2008

I LOVE RUSH!

Can I just say, "I LOVE RUSH?"

No, wait, let me say it again, " I LOVE RUSH!"

Ed and I have seen Rush in concert, I think at least 5 times in the almost 17 years we've been married. WE LOVE RUSH.

We saw them earlier this year at the White River Amphitheater. And it rained. Hard. We didn't have seats per se, but we had spots in the grassy area. I actually like sitting in the grassy area but I did make Ed get us some short chairs. Much more comfortable on the tukus.

This time around, they came to the Gorge in George. We normally stay at the lake when we see bands there, but, this time we had the Taj Mahal II. (use a big announcer guy voice when reading) It was the maiden voyage of the Taj Mahal II, and I must say that she weathered the storm of 6 drunk guys, a 17 year old teenager and me.

We ended up camping in the Gorge camp ground. As soon as we pulled in, we began setting up camp, making the camper level and getting out the grill and of course the beverages. As we were setting up camp, our neighbors pulled in beside us and immediately came over to introduce themselves. Well, I should say, "Marv" came over to introduce HIMSELF. Marv is a very large guy with big bushy hair, a moustache and a VERY LOUD VOICE. Apparently I am his new sister because that is what he called me every time he spoke to me. He looked as if he'd been in a few bar fights: lots of scars everywhere on his face.

Marv had a girlfriend of unknown age. My guess is that she was probably late thirties, early forties. (Wait that's how old I am...) But, she just looked rode hard and put away wet, so she could have been younger than me. She had on the shortest pair of jean shorts I have EVER seen. These shorts gave her camel toes and front butt they were so tight. The other interesting thing about these shorts was that they were VERY high waisted. Like above her belly button high waisted. So, either she pulled them up so they'd be Daisy Duke's or she wanted to hide the flub she had hanging out everywhere.

Which brings me to the next issue with her. She thought that with these nasty Daisy Duke's, wearing a white, tie-in-the-front, button-up, belly shirt was a TERRIFIC idea. I am telling you it was not. Remember that flub that she had hanging out everywhere? She had "tucked" it into the band of her high-waisted Daisy Duke's in order NOT to have a muffin top. The affect was NOT PRETTY.

But wait! There's more!

When she and Marv began setting up their tent, instead of kneeling down to straighten things out or push a pole through a loop, she would bend over at the waist. Straight legged. At the waist! I got to see things I really didn't want to see on Marv's girlfriend because she. wasn't .wearing. underwear.

I thought I was going to puke.

I was trying to sniper cam a picture for Tina. After all, she gave me the front butt vocabulary word, and what kind of friend would I be if I didn't share? But they were too close and taking a picture with my camera phone was just too obvious.

So I had to sit and suffer alone. In silence. By myself.

I think I need therapy now.

Finally it's time to leave for the concert. They boys are well lubricated by this time and my wonderful husband thought it would be a grand idea to make rum and cokes in those cute little coke zero bottles and drink them on the way. We got to the edge of the camping ground and the lady standing guard asked Ed what he had.

Ed: Coke
Her: Can I smell it?
Ed: Sure (unscrews lid, lets lady smell)
Her: (yelling) You get back over there by that garbage can and drink that before you leave.
Ed: OK

He did. He drank the whole thing.

We got into the concert without any trouble except I was felt up by a nineteen- year- old girl. She wanted to know what was in my pockets.

Um, keys and my phone. What else would be in my pockets? Oh yeah. I forgot we were at RUSH!

We saw Marv and his girlfriend traipsing around the grassy area looking for a spot to sit. Guess what she had on? No... not the Daisy Duke's! She had on high-waisted, RED, tight-ass, camel toes, front-butt jeans. With the white, tie-in-the-front, button-up belly-shirt she had on earlier. But now, she had a red, white and blue doo rag on and various things hanging from her belt loops. Oh, yeah. Her muffin top was tucked into these jeans as well. Oye ve!

The concert starts at 8:00 sharp and wouldn't you know it that I forgot my camera but our friend Chuck brought in his and took these great shots:





And this one:




And this one:




















And this one:


And this one:



Do you see my boyfriend there in the middle with the big... drum set?

That's Neil Peart.

I love him.

I want to kiss him on the mouth.

He is the best drummer I think I have ever seen. Absolutely AMAZING. I'm afraid to post any more about my love for Neil Peart in case the homeland security people try to come and get me for stalking a celebrity...

*whispers* I love Neil Peart!

Rush played by themselves for nearly three and a half hours. They played a great mix of old and new and a great time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that I am the kind of friend that sniffs armpits and points out front butt

And then snickers.

Alot.

I will let you kiss him on the mouth and I won't event tell on you.

Promise.

But just him. Just like I get to kiss Michael Buble because he is my boyfriend.