Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day Seven

Today was the seventh day of school.

I haven't written about my class yet because I was kind of waiting to see how things went. I have to say that I am liking them. They have some fun personalities, strange idiosyncrasies and are fast learners.

I have to say, that this is the first class to fall into my routine this quickly. I still have to give a few reminders for some things, but, for the most part, my kids are meshing well and our days are going more smoothly.

Julie and I have really been partnering this year. I am teaching writing, science, social studies, Second Step, giving the spelling test, and teaching computer lab for both classes. I almost feel guilty because I feel like I should be here longer working on things, but, the reality is that I just don't have as much work only planning for that small amount. I do have twice the grading for those subjects, but, I can already tell that the pay off in time of less planning is going to be awesome.

I feel like I'm finally bonding with Julie's class too. We had a rough start to the year. I think that they didn't think I was serious about being prepared and that I would knock down their character points, but, after our talk yesterday, they came around. She has some really nice kids and a few "corkers" but, so do I. I'm starting to feel like they are mine as well as Julie's.

I'm tired.

But, it's a good tired.

Not an "exhausted" tired.

I'm almost holding my breath, but, I think that this year is going to be a good one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. BUT, I am almost hesitant to say WOW, I LOVE THIS CLASS and feel SO lucky. Because knowing my luck, I am about to be punked.

HA!