Monday, March 24, 2008

We're Actually Technology Literate!

I've been wanting wireless Internet in our house for sometime. Ed and I talked about it over the weekend and he said that I should do the research on Consumer Reports.com. I think the money I spend for a year's access is the best money I've ever spent. Well, except for wine. And beer. And chocolate covered pretzels...

So I do the research and find the one that consumer reports recommends and even find three stores that say they carry it. AND what it costs at each store. Ed really wanted to go to Frys because he's a man, but, I find that Frys is kind of... well... creepy. We have bought a few items there and usually I get pretty good service there, but, there's something about a place that sells everything you could EVER WANT IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. It's not the Costco of electronics.

I wanted to go to Best Buy because last summer Jamie and Lonnie gave me a gift certificate from there and I hadn't used it yet. (Thanks guys!) That, of course appealed to Ed's "saving side" and he agreed that Best Buy was the perfect choice.

So, after a long day of working around the house we dashed in to Bellevue at 8 PM thinking that they closed at 9. Well, that's what the website said anyhow. Come to find out, they closed at 10! For the love of God, we had an entire hour and fifteen minutes in that store! We chose our router and came back home.

We finally spent the evening tonight setting everything up and getting it up and running. So, I tell you now, that I sit at my dining room table, with my new laptop from school, ON THE INTERNET posting to you on my blog.

I'm in complete bliss!

No comments: