Thursday, March 27, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

Today was an incredibly busy day. For starters, Maple Valley got like 800 feet of snow and they didn't even call it two hours late... Second of all, I tried to teach a lesson in the computer lab using paint. The kids were to use a read only document that I had created for them in order for everyone to have the same thing. Both classes were noisy and talkative and didn't listen to directions so I ended up repeating myself like three million times. And in a forty-five minute computer lab period, I think that possibly (in both classes) twelve students had completed the assignment. Talk about frustrating...

Then, after school, I had a meeting for Camp Casey at 4:00 and at 5:00 I had to be at Camp Waskowitz for a Take the Lead campaign meeting. This meeting was really great and I learned a lot about what TTL is doing for Washington teachers.

So, I get home about 7:30-ish and walk into our family room and spot the most ginormous spider I have ever seen. Now, those of you who know me know that I am absolutely PETRIFIED of spiders. This thing is HUGE and it's CRAWLING ACROSS MY FAMILY ROOM CARPET!!!!!

Crap.

I can't squish it because it's so damn big that it will crunch even if I get it with a shoe or something. The sound is enough to make you cringe. And, tissue or paper towels are completely out of the question because I actually have to get close to the damn thing. So I do what any red blooded American women would do when faced with a dilemma like this. No, I don't scream or call my neighbor to come and kill the big, bad spider, I get out the tool to do the job. Dun-dada-Daaaaa! The vacuum.

I race down the hall to the office to grab the vacuum and race back to the family room to suck up the dreaded beast.

Except... when I get back, the spider is gone.

Yeah. Gone.

Shit. Now what?

My OCD kicks in and I begin HUNTING this spider. Knowing that it's in the house is killing me. Because what if that thing crawls up my bed post and onto my bed while I'm sleeping! What if it crawls on my face? What if it crawls in my nose or, god forbid, into my mouth and I accidentally eat it???? I read somewhere once that the average person eats like 5 spiders in their sleep every year. EVERY YEAR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

*shivers uncontrollably*

I have to say that the spider is still at large in my house and I'm sleeping with one eye open because I'm afraid it will crawl on to my face, or, worse, into my mouth...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate spiders. I think you need to set spider traps.


Really.

For real.

Amy Lou said...

I found it! I found it, I found it!!!!