Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pain in the Grass

So for my birthday, I wanted to go to Pain in the Grass '08. For those of you who don't know, Pain in the Grass is a concert that KISW (a local radio station) puts on every summer. They invite 7 bands and it starts at 2:00PM.

We went to one similar a few years back, also put on by KISW, but, it was in the Seahawks stadium and there were only 5 bands.

Anyhow, I really wanted to go because 2 of my favorite bands were playing: Sevendust and Seether. So, we bought a pack of 4 tickets, because it was cheaper, thinking that we would for sure be able to get 2 more people to go with us. Do you know how hard that was???

Holy Cow.

Everyone we asked was busy.

We waited to ask our friend Chuck because we were sure that he would have to work. I told Ed to check anyway and lo and behold! Chuck had Saturday off. This meant trying to give away 1 more ticket.

Didn't happen.

But, we went and had a GREAT time.

The bands that played were (in this order)

Jet Black Stare
Earshot
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Shinedown
Seether
Queensryche

Jet Black Stare, Earshot, and Drowing Pool only played for about 20 minutes each. Sevendust got to play for about 45 minutes as did Shinedown. Seether played for about an hour (which wasn't long enough in my opinion) and Queenryche played for a little longer than that.

We took short lawn chairs because we sat up in the grass and we brought in lots of munchies because food and drink were ASTRONOMICAL. However, when we went in, they made me take off the lids to my water bottles because they don't recycle.

OK, what?!?!?!?

I had to walk in the concert carrying our cooler AND our food bag with three opened bottles of water. THEN I had to get in line to get felt up, I mean patted down, by some girl I hardly knew. She even felt my bare legs (I was wearing shorts) to make sure I wasn't trying to hide anything in them. THEN I had to pack all of that stuff to the ticket guy and HAND him my ticket in order for him to scan it.

OMG

They DO NOT make it easy for you to bring in food.

Next time I think that I will take out a loan in order to NOT carry in all of that stuff...

We found our spot up in the lawn and staked our claim. Ed and Chuck went immediately to the beer garden because it was about 17,000 degrees in the sun. Thank God I packed sunscreen or you would be seeing a crispy critter in me.

Some people decided to sit behind us and pretty soon I feel a kick on the back of my chair.

I turn around, irritated.

Me: What?
Him: Do you mind if we smoke a little...
Me: A little what?
Him: You know...
Me: I do?
Him: You know, grass...
Me: You want to smoke some grass?
Him: Yeah. I wanted to ask so I didn't offend you...
Me: Sure, whatever.
Him: You want some?
Me: (in a scoffing voice): Um, no.
Him: Do you like the smell?
Me: it's OK.
Him: Do you smoke?
Me: Grass?
Him: Uh, yeah.
Me: I have.
Him: Did you like it?
Me: It's OK.
Him: How come you don't want any?
Me: Um, because I hardly know you and I don't know if I'm the one driving home tonight.
Him: Oh! I was wondering who was taking me home tonight!
Me: Very cute.

They then proceeded to smoke their "grass" and I proceeded to get a contact high.

Ugh.

Once they were well on their way to bakesville, they thought it was OK to spend the rest of the evening trying to have a conversation with me.

Finally the baker boys decided to try to get closer to the stage and left me in peace to listen to my music.

Why is it that people like that think that you want to know their life history?????

No comments: