Friday, May 16, 2008

WEA-RA Part 1

Yesterday Tina, Scott, Mark, John and I met at my house to leave for Spokane to go to WEA-RA. WEA-RA is the teacher's union conference where we hear about business items that people write to help guide the direction our union is going to go. The business items range from a vote of no confidence of our Superintendent of Public Instruction to voting to financially support the Take the Lead Campaign to lobbying to retirement.

RA also means a TON of partying. We really work hard when we're here. But working that hard also means that there needs to be a release at the end of the day. I mean, dude, we sit in meetings from 7-12, then 1:30-5:00 and then 7-10:30-ish PM.

They have a friendship night where you get to "dance" and buy $7.00 beers. YIKES.

Not very fun. At all. Seriously.

It's only Friday, half way through the day. I am DEFINITELY drinking at dinner. I don't think that I'll be able to make it through the evening without it...

No comments: