Thursday, February 28, 2008

Biting the Bullet

So I joined Weight Watchers tonight. I guess I've finally resigned myself to the fact that no, this fat is not coming off of my body by osmosis.

I've always been of the school of thought that you should be able to do this by yourself with determination and an iron will. But apparently this is not the case. If you really think about it should an alcoholic try to quit drinking on their own? Or, should a smoker try to quit smoking on their own? And if they did, would it stick for any amount of time?

I need the support and accountability. I need the skills. (Guys like girls with skills.... bow fighting skills, nunchuk skills, computer hacking skills...) So, I'm biting the bullet and dragging this fat ass out of bed at 8:00 Saturday morning in order to attend my first meeting.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: