Friday, April 30, 2010

Rubies, Proverbs and Astrology! Oh, My!

I love rubies. Rubies are my favorite gem stone. But, having an August birthday, I get this ugly green stone called peridot. It's green. Light green. Like snot. Seriously.

When Ed and I looked for my engagement ring, my rule was that it had to have a ruby, and it had to be a band so that I didn't catch it on stuff and rip the skin off of my knuckle. ('Cause that's pretty...) I got this great ruby/diamond band. I love it. (We also got our Black Hills Gold wedding bands from the Puyallup Fair, but that's another story.) Later, for an anniversary gift, he bought me a band with just rubies. I have all of these soldered together to make one kind of big ring. But, I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. (He also gave me a ruby solitaire for Valentine's day one year, but we aren't going to go into that one either.) I wear my rings daily and still think they are gorgeous.

At our rehearsal dinner, Ed's mom read a proverb to us that goes like this: Who can find a virtuous woman, for her price is far above rubies and the heart of her husband is entrusted in her. At the time, I thought she picked it because I had rubies in my engagement ring.

But, just recently, I've been wanting another tattoo. Because my birthday's in August, I'm a Leo. So, I'm going to get the Leo symbol on the back of my neck, or on my foot. (I can't decide...) While I was doing research, I found that each astrology symbol has a "star stone". Guess what mine is? A ruby.

I'm kind of feeling like this is a little more than coincidence.



1 comment:

Teenie said...

Ok. FIRST. I didn't KNOW anything about a star stone. WHAT IS MINE! LOL

And I think it is going to be so ever loverly.... I can't wait. :)