Sunday, April 4, 2010

Front Row Seats, LOTS of Great Lip Gloss and Sensible Shoes

Michael Buble'. *sighs a school girl sigh*

Tina got Michael Buble' concert tickets for her birthday and asked me to go with her. I might have to kiss her on the mouth for the invitation. (Or, at least sniff her armpits.)

The concert started off with this really great band called Naturally 7. These guys were phenomenal. They are an a cappella group that does ALL of the band sounds (drums, horns, bass, EVERYTHING) with their voices. You can hear them here and here is the guy who does bass. Amazing. Seriously talented young men.

They entertained us for a good forty-five minutes and then out came Tina's boyfriend Michael. I have to say that I was not a rabid Michael Buble' fan until I saw him in concert. I liked his music, his sound, his look... but, ya'll, he's just this guy. After the first note... can this man sing! Even the songs I didn't like so much on the CD, I REALLY liked hearing live. I am a convert.

Picture this, Michael Buble' singing his opening song. Lights are flashing, spotlights whirring. Tina takes out her cell phone to take a picture to send to a friend. The lady next to her taps her on the shoulder and says (and I quote), "Can you please put your cell phone away? The light is hurting my eyes."

WTF?!!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me. The light is hurting her eyes.

Me, being the snarky one, asked Tina if she told her that she paid the same amount for her tickets as the lady next to her did. Immediately after I said that, our boyfriend finished his opening number to a gigantic explosion and a shower of sparks. Again I, being the snarky one, said, "Wonder if that hurt her eyes." Seriously??? A cell phone light was hurting her eyes??? With all of the other mega lighting in the arena? Seriously.

About half way through, Michael was talking about Michael Jackson being a huge influence on him as a singer. The crowd went wild when he BUSTED out Billie Jean, hat and all. Can you believe it??? Billie Jean!

I told Tina next year we were going. And we were going to pay money for the front row. She suggested lots of good lip gloss. And I suggested sensible shoes. You know, in order to kick the butts of all the other wanna-be girlfriends. Because, really? He sings to ME.

No comments: