Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Panic

I'm feeling a tad panicked, Internets...

You see, I'm out of school for the summer. This in itself is an awesome thing. I love sleeping until 7:00 and getting MY projects done around the house. Which, by the way, has been clean for days in a row. I KNOW! Can you believe it???

Here's my panic...

I have too many projects. Seriously. I do. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about it. I need to:

  • plant my plants in the garden.
  • I need to water the plants I have.
  • I have two decks to stain,
  • a wood pile to stack (this wood pile? It's probably 30 feet long and over 6 feet high.),
  • a back hall and guest bathroom to finish,
  • an office to clean and organize,
  • a stone sidewalk to take up,
  • a patio to plan along with replacing the stone sidewalk I need to take up,
  • lawns to mow ( a weekly chore),
  • a kitchen to replace (Ed's dragging his feet),
  • plus two more vacations to get ready for, and demobe from.
  • AND I'm turning 40.

I'm feeling overwhelmed. Can you see why?

I'm supposed to have slave labor because Sal wants a cell phone. Apparently he doesn't want it bad enough because he's not beating down the door to come and work.

And then there's the overwhelming desire to do the things I want to do. Like:
  • finish the scrap book of our Jessie pictures.
  • read, read, read
  • meet and have lunch with my friends
  • put music on my iPod
  • play in my flower beds
  • sit and have a beer with my husband

And I also have this fear that my summer will turn into a work session instead of a "life". I don't want to spend my summer working 24/7. I want to enjoy it, too. And I guess that I just am having trouble with the balancing act of it all.

1 comment:

Teenie said...

I am having the same issue.(hence the four freaking hours on the phone on Monday!)

I am looking forward to our breakfast tomorrow! AND I PLAN on having lunch once a week come hell or highwater!!!!

SMOOCH!!!!!