Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HASAY Week Disappointment

So, this week I really worked hard at my goals. I went to the gym four times this week and lifted weights. I walked EVERY DAY at lunch. (I know, can you believe it???) I journaled my food every day and did not go over my points allotment. (I did use the extra 35 because I kind of overindulged on Saturday and Sunday).

When I weighed in at Weight Watchers on Saturday, I GAINED 1.8 POUNDS.

WTF???????

I can't believe it. I don't know what else to do. Tina said that I should take my measurements. I'm going to do this. The only problem is that my clothes aren't feeling looser.

It seems like the MORE I exercise, the more I gain.

Such disappointment...

5 comments:

Keely said...

Yep, I'm right there with you. There are many spiels to cover it: Muscle weighs more than fat, your body always hoards initially when it thinks it might be starving, etc., etc. Stick with it...

Mrsbear said...

It sounds disappointing, especially when you're doing everything right. I hope this week is better for you. I've never been on WW so I can't really help, could you not be eating enough for all the exercise you're doing? Sounds backwards, I know, but sometimes your body hangs on to the pounds because it's not getting enough fuel. Good luck this week, hope things look up.

FoN said...

Hang in there! Keep doing your thing and it will eventually come off. I know it sucks ass when the scale betrays you though.

Casey said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you're gaining but it sounds like you're doing everything right! I have a tape measure and when I was working out hard core, I could always see the change in my measurements but not always my weight. I know it's because you're gaining muscle, don't get discouraged!

Sorry it took me so long to get by, it's been a hectic week.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Mrs. Bear may have the right idea, they're always talking about that on the Biggest Loser, not eating enough for the amount of exercise being done.. Good luck for this week!