Thursday, January 14, 2016

Always

Alan Rickman died today.

And, while I know that he was in many, many movies and played many different roles both on screen and on stage, my favorite character of his is Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series. Snape was always my favorite in the books and Mr. Rickman just brought that character even more alive.

I cried this morning when I heard. I didn't even know this man. Never met him, but I found my chest hurting and my eyes  getting teary every time I thought about it. Someone said it best on my Facebook wall: "It's almost like losing Snape all over again." And it's true. I only saw a few other movies that Mr. Rickman was in besides the Harry Potter series. Snape was the true un-hero. Everyone hated him yet he was a real hero.

Rest in peace, Mr. Rickman. Your absence will be felt, and you will be terribly missed.

Always.

No comments: