Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts

  • Why is it that when you want to stain the deck it decides to rain? It's been hot and beautiful for the last week and I have to pick the day before it's supposed to rain to pressure wash the deck.
  • The bear got into the trash again last night. We haven't seen sign of him for the last two weeks. I kind of thought that the fireworks could have scared him off. Ed went out to the car to leave for work this morning and found the trash can knocked over with the bag flat gone. I guess it's back to putting the can in the garage. This should make Ed REALLY happy.
  • I want to know why the kid who was convicted of KILLING the Tuba Man a few years back, only got 18 months. And now, he's back in the news for committing more crimes. I wonder if the penalty had been harsher for killing someone if he'd be in the mess he's in now. And, what about the parents who argued in court, that he was "basically a good kid" and "just got in with the wrong crowd". I wonder if they feel the same way now.
  • My oldest nephew has graduated from high school... He didn't do the whole graduation thing because he was doing online school. He's a hockey player that spent the last two years in Texas playing for a team. I think he's headed to Canada to play this season... I just can't believe that he's old enough to do this.
  • The second oldest nephew just turned 16 and is going to be driving on his own soon.
  • When did these kids grow up?
  • Our 16 year old cat has had some digestive problems. After days at the vet, and many procedures (that I won't go into detail here), we found out that he has what's called "mega colon". His colon has stopped doing it's job so now we have to give him medicine three times a day to make things move they way they're supposed to. I'm not complaining. The alternative is not pleasant either. Now, I'm just waiting for Alex to come and give him a hair cut. He needs it badly.
  • My foot is finally healed so I can start my running again. I'm excited about this! :-)
  • I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do a garden this year. Ed rototilled it for me, but I'm a tad afraid to plant anything because of the bunnies and bears strolling around these parts lately. I'll let you know what I decide after staining the deck.

1 comment:

gretchen said...

I love that you live in a place where a bear gets into your trash. Here, the only beings that get into the trash are homeless people. And I must say, the term "mega colon" made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!