Thursday, July 1, 2010

RTT- Catch-up Edition

  • School is out, but summer hasn't officially started... Usually it starts July 5th. That's when the sun starts to appear. Everyone knows that it isn't summer unless there's sun, right?
  • The kitchen remodel extravaganza is coming along. All cabinets are in, counter tops are on, new plumbing under the sink, old lighting is out and new lighting is in with holes from the old lighting patched, "texturized" and primed (painted today), plumber is coming tomorrow to plumb the gas line for the cook top, and I have a call in to the floor guy to make an appointment to come and lay the floor. I'll order the floor when I know he's coming. Then, install the dishwasher and the refrigerator. Last, Ron will come to finish the scribe molding. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thank goodness.
  • Many projects are on the docket for summer. Garden, new sidewalk, muck out the office.
  • I have a new camera (Nikon D90) named Nikon Nik. I've been playing a little bit with it, but I haven't been anywhere to actually take pictures. That's something that I REALLY want to do.
  • We have one camping trip planned... Sand Camp at the end of August. I'm hoping that we go some other places as well.
  • Ed's started his weekly skiing trips... he sends out an email to a large group of people. The first three to answer get to go. I haven't had to get up early yet, but I'm kind of looking forward to it.
  • Shane's birthday was last week and we rode the motorcycles to the cemetery and then had dinner at the Yella Beak in tribute.
  • I'm really looking forward to cooking with the new cook top and being able to cook some good healthy food.
  • I took some GLAD training this week. I'm excited to see how I can apply it to science. It's hard, though because I'm teaching 5th grade science next year and I don't know the curriculum.
  • I also participated in the 10 Tech conference that our district puts on. I took a classes on pod casts and how to make them, using photoshop elements, making wikis, and a bunch of other things. It's a great thing that our district does. We can learn lots of clock hours for free and we don't have to pay for the classes either.
  • We're going to the NHRA drags in July. SO excited. We're going to take Teenie's son Ryan as he loves cars. Can't wait!!!!

OK. I think you're all caught up. There's some random for your Thursday (even though it's supposed to be Random TUESDAY Thoughts). More one the kitchen later. I have to upload the pics from the camera in order to post!

No comments: